Friday, August 22, 2008

So my husband was right for once...

My husband and I were married April 14, 2007. I knew we were going to try to get pregnant soon after as I was about to turn 30 and didn't want to wait too long. I always assumed you would get pregnant as soon as you wanted to. You have unprotected sex and you get pregnant, right? That is what I learned in middle school sex ed class. It took us 7 months, which is nothing compared to so many woman but it was still heart breaking nonetheless. Finally on February 4, 2008 my husband told me that I was pregnant. I yelled at him and told him that he was going to jinx us. Anyway he convinced me to take a pregnancy test and he was right, I was pregnant! (This was the first time that he ever mentioned anything like that).
One anxious month later we went to have an ultrasound to see if there was a heartbeat, low and behold there were two! After picking my husband off of the floor we began to comprehend what we were in for. We were truly blessed and the news about the babies just continued to get better. We are having a boy and a girl, Jack and Isabella, due to arrive in September. Every ultrasound that we have had until this point shows two healthy babies who are "normal". That is one of the things that I have learned is that the word "normal" is such a beautiful word.
It has been a trying pregnancy filled with morning sickness, carpal tunnel syndrome, swelling, I could just go on and on, but the point is that it will all be worth it next month when I get to meet the two most beautiful children in the whole wide world (sorry ladies I can already tell by the ultrasound pictures!)

No comments: