Sunday, August 24, 2008

our story

My husband and I have been together for the past 15 years, three of them, happily married. In the summer of 2007, we decided that it was time to start a family. We bought a house and got the dog; it was time for the baby; besides my mother would not let go of the subject. Coincidentally, on her on her birthday, July 24th, we found out that I was pregnant. On my 1st Doctor's appointment it was confirmed, we were having twins.

We traveled to Florida to surprise my mother with her belated birthday present and long awaited wish. After arriving home from the joy of seeing my mother's expression at the great news, I had a message from my doctor to call him as soon as possible; I did. He told us that my progesterone level was very low and that I needed to take supplements; my husband rushed to the pharmacy and I started my progesterone treatment. Two days later, it was confirmed that I miscarried both babies. We were devastated but decided for a natural miscarriage not knowing that after the loss of my babies, this would be the most painful, hardest, and worst experience of my life. I was 8 weeks pregnant and was having full labor pains. I miscarried one baby on a Thursday, a week after finding out my pregnancy and the second baby 3 days later.

After waiting for a normal period, I was given the "OK" to start trying again. The first time I got pregnant on the first try; this second time it took us 3 cycles. On January 6, 2008, Three Wise Man Day, I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. This was the best gift God could've given us. I saw my Doctor the next day and he confirmed my pregnancy. I started the progesterone and waited for a sonogram. During this time, Brian and I had a conversation about finding out the sex of the baby. Since I was positive I was going to have a singleton, I told him that the only way I would find out the sex was if we had multiples. And guess what!...it was confirmed. God sent us two little angels again!

My pregnancy was very difficult; I had complications with placenta previa and several bleeding episodes. During one of these bleeding episodes, our baby boys had to be delivered early on 07/16/2008 via C-section at 31 weeks. Baby "A", Gaven, was 3lbs, 3ozs and spent almost 4 weeks in the NICU. Baby "B", Christian, was 4lbs, 5ozs and spent almost 3 weeks at the NICU. They are both healthy and growing fast. We are so blessed and we Thank God, our family and the ladies from Multiples and Success After Loss boards from The Nest for all the support and prayers that we've needed and received during this difficult time. Now we are the proud parents of identical twin boys and I spend all my time feeding, burping, changing dirty diapers and pumping,..and I wouldn't change it for the world.






story by: Zeidy

No comments: